When the tomatoes are fresh and abundant, no one can resist a fresh caprese salad! Extra zip can be added with crushed garlic or a drizzle of balsamic vinegar.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 5 minutesTotal: 5 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 4 medium, fresh tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 lb. fresh mozzarella, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- 8 Tbsp. chopped fresh basil
- 6 Tbsp. good-quality virgin olive oil
- On a medium-size serving platter, arrange sliced tomatoes and sliced mozzarella in alternate layers. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and chopped basil. Drizzle with olive oil. Serve immediately or within an hour to preserve the freshness of these flavors.