Cara Cara Orange Bars
Try this pink-orange twist on traditional lemon squares. Since they’re made with gluten-free flour and plant-based butter, everyone can enjoy a bar!
Serves: 16Prep: 3 hours 15 minutesCook: 35 minutesTotal: 3 hours 50 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1⁄2 cup plant butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup Kroger Brand Pure Cane Granulated Sugar, divided
- 1 cup plus 3 Tbsp. gluten-free flour blend
- 1 teaspoon Cara Cara orange zest
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup fresh Cara Cara orange juice
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Powdered sugar, if desired
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Line 8” square pan with parchment paper, allowing at least 2” overhang.
- In large bowl, stir together plant-butter, ¼ cup sugar, 1 cup gluten-free flour, orange zest and salt until just combined.
- Press mixture into bottom of prepared pan. Bake 15-17 minutes, until edges just start browning.
- Meanwhile whisk together remaining ½ cup sugar and 3 tablespoons gluten-free flour blend until no lumps remain. Whisk in eggs, orange juice and lemon juice until well blended. Pour over crust.
- Bake 18-22 minutes or until set in center.
- Let cool at room temperature 1 hour. Refrigerate at least 2 hours to chill thoroughly.
- Remove from pan using parchment paper. Cut into bars. Dust with powdered sugar if desired.
- Refrigerate leftovers.