Caramel Apple and Raisin Sauce with Waffles
This sauce is delicious over hot waffles, but don’t stop there! It pairs perfectly with pork chops and chicken as well.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 medium Granny Smith apple, peeled, cored, and chopped
- ½ cup packed light brown sugar
- 3 Tbsp. butter
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- ½ cup raisins
- 4 frozen waffles, toasted
- In a heavy-bottomed sauce pan or skillet over medium low heat, combine apples, brown sugar, and butter. Stir until everything is well combined and sugar is dissolved, about 8 minutes.
- Stir in heavy cream and vanilla, and heat for 4 minutes more. Stir in raisins. Serve warm over waffles or refrigerate for 3–4 days in airtight container.