Caramel Bubble Coffee Cake
This delicious coffee cake sometimes called monkey bread. Serve it warm for brunch with scrambled eggs and fresh fruit.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 30 minutesTotal: 1 hour 55 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 loaf (16 oz.) frozen bread dough, thawed
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 3 Tbsp. milk
- 3 Tbsp. butter
- 1 Tbsp. corn syrup
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 3⁄4 cup chopped walnuts
- Divide into 1-inch balls; roll between palms until smooth.
- In small saucepan, combine brown sugar, milk, butter, corn syrup, vanilla, and cinnamon and heat until sugar dissolves and mixture is smooth and blended, stirring with wire whisk.
- Spray a Bundt pan with nonstick baking spray containing flour. Pour 1⁄3 of the brown sugar mixture into pan; top with 1⁄3 of the dough balls and sprinkle with 1⁄3 of the nuts. Repeat layers.
- Let coffee cake rise for 30 minutes, then bake at 375°F for 35 to 45 minutes until golden brown. Invert onto serving plate and let cool 10 minutes; serve warm.