Caramel Cream Cheese Frosting
Regular caramel frosting can be very sweet. Cream cheese tempers the sweetness and adds a rich mouthfeel.
Makes: 3Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 package (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄3 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup caramel ice cream topping
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1⁄8 tsp. salt
- 4 cups confectioners’ sugar
- In large bowl, combine cream cheese with butter and beat until fluffy. Add brown sugar; beat until sugar dissolves, about 4 minutes.
- Add the ice cream topping, vanilla, and salt and beat well. Gradually add confectioners’ sugar, beating until desired consistency.