Caramel Sticky Rolls
These fluffy caramel rolls can be enjoyed with your morning coffee, as an afternoon snack or an after-dinner dessert.
Serves: 8Prep: 2 hours 45 minutesCook: 35 minutesTotal: 3 hours 20 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 3 3⁄4 cups Simple Truth Organic™ Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1⁄3 cup Simple Truth Organic™ Cane Sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 packages (4½ tsp.) regular active or fast-acting dry yeast
- 1 cup very warm milk (120°F to 130°F)
- 3⁄4 cup + 2 Tbsp. Simple Truth Organic™ Salted Butter, softened, divided
- 1 egg
- Cooking spray
- 1 1⁄4 cups packed Simple Truth Organic™ Light Brown Sugar, divided
- 1⁄4 cup light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- For the rolls: In large bowl, mix 2 cups of flour, granulated sugar, salt and yeast. Add warm milk, ¼ cup butter and the egg and beat with an electric mixer on low speed for 1 minute, scraping bowl frequently. Then beat on medium speed for 1 minute, scraping bowl frequently.
- Stir in remaining flour, ½ cup at a time, to make dough easy to handle.
- Place dough on lightly floured surface and knead until dough is smooth and springy, about 4 minutes.
- Grease large bowl with cooking spray, then place dough in bowl, turning dough to grease all sides. Cover bowl loosely with plastic wrap; let rise in warm place about 1 hour 30 minutes or until dough has doubled in size.
- For the topping: In 2-quart saucepan, heat 1 cup brown sugar and ½ cup butter to boiling, stirring constantly; remove from heat. Stir in corn syrup. Pour into 13" x 9" pan.
- For the filling: In small bowl, mix ¼ cup brown sugar and cinnamon; set aside.
- Gently punch dough to deflate. Flatten dough with hands into 15" x 10" rectangle on lightly floured surface. Spread with remaining 2 tablespoons butter; sprinkle with filling.
- Roll rectangle up tightly, beginning at 15" side. Pinch edge of dough into roll to seal. With a serrated knife, cut roll into 15 (1") slices.
- Place slices slightly apart in pan. Cover loosely with plastic wrap; let rise in warm place about 30 minutes or until dough has doubled in size.
- Heat oven to 350°F. Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand 2 to 3 minutes.
- Place heatproof tray or serving plate upside down onto pan; immediately turn tray and pan over. Let pan remain one minute so caramel can drizzle over rolls; remove pan. Serve warm.
- Add nuts to topping or filling, if desired.