Caramel Stuffed Pumpkin Cookies
These simple pumpkin cookies have a decadent surprise inside!
Serves: 28Prep: 15 minutesCook: 40 minutesTotal: 55 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup plus 2 Tbsp. sugar, divided
- 1⁄2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 14 Brach’s® Caramels, cut in half and frozen for 10 minutes
- 1 teaspoon Kroger® Pumpkin Pie Spice
- In a large bowl, beat butter, brown sugar and ¾ cup sugar together until creamy. Add pumpkin, egg and vanilla, beat until well combined.
- Add flour, cornstarch, baking soda and salt. Beat on low until just combined. Refrigerate dough for 30 minutes.
- Heat oven to 375°F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper; set aside. Mix 2 tablespoons of sugar and pumpkin pie spice together in a small bowl; set aside.
- Scoop about 2 tablespoons of dough, press 1 caramel piece in the center forming dough around the candy. Roll each ball of dough in the pumpkin pie spice sugar mixture. Place on prepared baking sheet leaving 2” between balls.
- Bake 10-12 minutes until lightly golden brown. Allow to rest on baking sheets 2 minutes before transferring to a wire cooling rack.
- Store in an airtight container.