Caramelized Ginger Carrots
This is a simple side dish that is full of flavor. Serve it with grilled or roasted chicken, or during the holidays along with a baked ham.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1¼ lbs. carrots, peeled and quartered lengthwise
- ¼ cup unsweetened orange juice
- ⅛ tsp. all-natural sea salt
- ⅛ tsp. ground white pepper
- 1 tsp. orange zest, plus strips of zest for garnish
- 1 Tbsp. grated gingerroot
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- In a large saucepan, combine carrots, orange juice, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce heat to low, cover, and cook for 3–4 minutes, or until carrots are crisp-tender.
- Add orange zest, gingerroot, and olive oil, and bring to a boil over high heat. Cook until most of the orange juice evaporates and the carrots start to brown, stirring frequently, about 4–5 minutes. Serve immediately, garnishing with strips of orange zest.