Caramelized Onion Dip
Caramelized onions make this dip irresistible.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 25 minutesTotal: 2 hours 25 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 1 large red onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- ½ tsp. salt
- 8 oz. reduced-fat cream cheese
- 8 oz. reduced-fat or fat-free sour cream
- 2 tsp. dry white wine
- 2 tsp. sherry vinegar
- ½ tsp. ground white pepper
- ⅛ tsp. all-purpose flour
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onions and salt and sauté until beginning to soft and translucent, about 8 minutes. Reduce heat to medium-low and continue to cook, stirring frequently, until brown and reduced, about an additional 15 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Place onions with remaining ingredients into a 1½- to 2-quart slow cooker. Stir well.
- Heat on low for 2 hours. Stir before serving.