Caramelized Pear Parfait
There are over three thousand varieties of pears grown around the world, but Bartlett and Anjou are most commonly found in American supermarkets. Either will work beautifully in this dish.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 4 firm pears, cored and quartered
- 2 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- 3 Tbsp. butter
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- ⅛ tsp. ground allspice
- ¼ cup light brown sugar (not packed)
- 1⅓ cups vanilla yogurt
- 1 cup gluten-free granola
- Place the pears in a bowl, brush with lemon juice, and set aside.
- Heat a large skillet over high heat. Add the butter and the pears and cook for 3–4 minutes, stirring occasionally, until golden brown around the edges.
- Add the cinnamon and allspice and toss gently to combine. Add the brown sugar and cook for 2–3 more minutes, stirring occasionally until the pears are soft and the juices have blended with the sugar to form a syrup.
- Assemble the parfaits by layering yogurt, pears, and granola. Top with a drizzle of leftover syrup from the pan. Parfaits may be assembled while pears are warm or after they have cooled.