Caramelized Peppers and Onions
Serve these succulent peppers and onions with grilled meat, tofu, or tucked into hot sandwiches.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 medium red bell pepper, seeded and cut into strips
- 1 medium green bell pepper, seeded and cut into strips
- 2 medium yellow onions, peeled and cut into strips
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add sliced peppers and onions and sauté 3–4 minutes or until peppers start to soften. Reduce heat to low and continue cooking.
- Add salt and pepper and cook 10 more minutes or until peppers and onions completely soften and caramelize.