Caraway-Rubbed Chicken with Potatoes
Serve this with fresh green vegetables and yams.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 1 hour 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 Tbsp. caraway seeds
- 1⁄4 tsp. whole black peppercorns
- 1 tsp. lemon zest
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 1 chicken (3 lbs.), cut in pieces
- 2 lbs. potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 medium lemon
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- With a mortar and pestle, slightly crush the caraway seeds and whole black pepper. Mix the lemon zest and salt together. Stir together with the caraway and black pepper.
- Rub the caraway mixture over all of the chicken pieces.
- Arrange the potatoes in a large baking pan and place the chicken pieces on top of the potatoes. Roast, uncovered, for 45 minutes or until the meat is no longer pink and the potatoes are tender. Remove from oven, cover, and let stand for 15 minutes.
- Drizzle the lemon juice over the chicken before serving.