This recipe is very rich, and although you wouldn’t want to eat it every day, it is worth the occasional indulgence. Pancetta is an Italian bacon that is cured but not smoked. Regular bacon may be substituted for the pancetta.
Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 20 minutes
- 6 slices pancetta, chopped
- 1½ cups heavy cream
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup frozen peas
- 4 cups cooked linguini noodles
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ⅛ tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
- Cook the pancetta in a sauté pan until crisp over medium heat. Add cream and turn off the heat while you do the next step.
- Whisk the 4 egg yolks and Parmesan cheese together in a bowl.
- Ladle about ½ cup of the warm cream from the pan into the egg yolk mixture to temper it. This will bring the yolks to a temperature closer to the cream and bacon so the yolks will not curdle when you add them.
- Pour the yolk mixture into the pan with the bacon and cream and stir to combine. Add peas and cook over medium heat for a few minutes while stirring, then add cooked linguini and toss to coat with sauce.
- Remove from heat, season with salt and pepper, and toss in chopped parsley.