This is not for someone on a diet; however, it’s very delicious and easy to make. You can lighten this up by using half-and-half instead of heavy cream and cut the cheese to 1⁄4 cup. Pour over rice noodles, quinoa pasta, or spaghetti squash.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 5 minutesTotal: 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 4 strips bacon
- 4 shallots, minced
- 2 tsp. coarsely ground black pepper
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 Tbsp. fresh rosemary or 1 tsp. dried, crumbled
- 1 tsp. cracked black peppercorns
- Cook the bacon over low heat until it is fried crisp, then remove it to paper towels to drain. Let it cool and crumble it. Reserve the fat.
- Sauté the shallots in the bacon fat. Add the black pepper and cream. Bring to a boil and cook over medium-low heat until thick, about 4 to 5 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, mix the eggs and cheese. Whisk in a tablespoon of sauce. Continue to add sauce slowly, whisking constantly. Add the parsley, crumbled rosemary, crumbled bacon, and peppercorns.