Caribbean Coconut Rice
You can make this dish as hot or as mild as you want.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 50 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 Tbsp. canola oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 cup fresh pineapple, chopped
- 1 cup brown or white rice
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut cream
- 2 cups water
- 1 tsp. salt, or to taste
- 1 Tbsp. chili powder, or to taste
- 1 tsp. Splenda
- ½ cup sugar-free smoked ham
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Sauté the onion. Add the rest of the ingredients.
- Cover the pan tightly and reduce heat to low. Simmer for 40 minutes, stirring occasionally. Serve hot or at room temperature.