Caribbean Spicy Grilled Lamb Chops
The rich taste of lamb chops is perfectly paired with the smoky grilled flavor.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 35 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 8 lamb chops (5 oz. each), 1½" thick
- 1 tsp. garlic salt
- ½ ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 cup minced yellow onion
- 1 Tbsp. chopped thyme
- 1 Tbsp. minced garlic
- 2 Tbsp. tamari
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- ½ tsp. hot pepper sauce
- 1 tsp. cornstarch
- 1 Tbsp. water
- ¼ cup chopped parsley
- Clean and oil grill rack. Preheat grill to medium-high. Pat the chops dry with paper towels and season with garlic salt and pepper.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook until soft, about 4 to 5 minutes. Add the thyme, garlic, tamari, lemon juice, and hot pepper sauce; bring to a simmer. Cook until slightly reduced, about 5 minutes.
- Grill the chops over medium-high heat, turning after the first 4 minutes. Brush the chops frequently with the sauce. Cook for a total of 12 to 14 minutes for medium. Transfer the chops to a plate and tent with foil to keep warm. Let the chops rest for about 5 to 6 minutes to allow the juices to reabsorb.
- While the chops are resting, bring the remaining sauce to a simmer over medium-high heat; simmer for 2 minutes.
- Combine the cornstarch and water, mixing until smooth. Add the cornstarch mixture to the sauce and bring back to a simmer, stirring constantly until the sauce thickens to the desired consistency. Stir in parsley.
- To serve, place 2 chops on each serving plate and ladle the sauce over the top. Serve hot.