These are traditional Mexican tacos. Forget the lettuce and tomato. Enjoy the wonderful flavor of grilled, marinated beef.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 8 hours 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 1 1⁄2 medium white onions, peeled and diced, divided
- 1⁄2 cup tequila
- 1⁄4 cup lime juice
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1 tsp. hot pepper sauce
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 lbs. flank steak
- 12 flour tortillas (6 inches)
- 1 small white onion, peeled and diced
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled cotija cheese
- 1⁄2 cup chopped cilantro
- Mix together the garlic, 1 onion, tequila, juices, hot pepper sauce, and pepper in a bowl. Add the meat, turning to coat. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for 8 hours, turning occasionally.
- Preheat grill to medium heat.
- Remove the meat from the marinade, reserving the marinade. Grill the steak for 15 minutes, turning and basting halfway through with the reserved marinade.
- Remove the meat from the grill and cut into cubes. Serve the steak on the tortillas. Garnish with remaining onion, cheese, and cilantro.