Carne Asada Tacos
Satisfy your craving for Mexican cuisine with these flavorful and filling tacos, made easier with premade carne asada marinade.
Serves: 6Prep: 4 hours 20 minutesCook: 10 minutesTotal: 4 hours 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 bottle (12 oz.) Private Selection™ Mexican Inspired Carne Asada Marinade
- 1 flank steak (about 1¾ lbs.)
- 1 jalapeño, stemmed and chopped
- 1 serrano pepper, stemmed and chopped
- 3 Roma or vine-ripened tomatoes, diced
- 1 small white onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, plus more for seasoning
- Lime juice
- Avocado, for topping
- Salsa, for topping
- Cilantro, for topping
- Queso fresco, for topping
- Lime wedges, for topping
- Combine marinade and flank steak in zip-top bag; seal and marinate in refrigerator 4–24 hours.
- To make pico de gallo, combine jalapeño, serrano pepper, tomatoes, onion and cilantro in small bowl. Sprinkle with ½ teaspoon salt to draw liquid from tomatoes. Add lime juice, to taste; season with additional salt, if desired.
- Preheat grill to high. Grill steak 8-10 minutes, flipping once or until safe internal temperature of 160°F is reached. Remove from grill and rest 5-10 minutes under tent of aluminum foil.
- Slice steak against grain. Serve in tortillas with pico de gallo and desired toppings. Refrigerate any leftovers.