Carob Chip Walnut Cookies
Treat your sweet tooth with these clean cookies packed with healthy carob chips and natural walnuts on those special days when you deserve a deliciously sweet treat.
Serves: 24Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- ¾ cup unsweetened applesauce
- ½ cup Sucanat
- ¾ cup honey
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup unsweetened carob chips
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350°F and prepare a baking sheet with aluminum foil and olive oil spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flours, baking soda, and baking powder, and blend well. Add the applesauce, Sucanat, honey, and vanilla to the dry ingredients, and mix to combine. Fold in the carob chips and walnuts.
- Drop the cookie mix onto the baking sheet in rounded heaping teaspoons. Bake for 10–15 minutes, or until golden brown.