Clean carob chips replace the not-so-natural store-bought chocolate chips to create a healthier version of Americaʼs favorite cookie. Adding walnuts for extra crunch, and a few omega-6s, this clean cookie is even tastier . . . and healthier, too.
Makes: 24 cookiesHands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
Makes: 24 cookies
- 1 cup 100% whole-wheat flour
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- ¾ cup unsweetened applesauce
- ½ cup Sucanat
- ¾ cup all-natural, organic honey
- 2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup unsweetened carob chips
- 1 cup crushed natural walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and prepare a baking sheet with aluminum foil and olive oil spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flours, baking soda, and baking powder, and blend well. Add the applesauce, Sucanat, honey, and vanilla to the dry ingredients, and mix to combine. Fold in the carob chips and walnuts.
- Drop the cookie mix onto the baking sheet in rounded heaping teaspoons. Bake for 10–15 minutes, or until golden brown.