Carolina Frogmore Stew
This low-country seafood boil showcases the fresh ingredients of the region. It’s often prepared in a backyard boiling pot for casual get-togethers.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 1 hourDifficulty: Medium
- 1 gallon water
- 1 lemon, halved
- 3 Tbsp. crab boil seasoning
- 1 lb. kielbasa sausage, cut in thick slices
- 1 onion, peeled and quartered
- 6 cloves garlic, peeled
- 18 small red potatoes, trimmed but not peeled
- 6 ears corn, shucked and quartered
- 2 lbs. washed, shell-on shrimp
- Bring water to a boil in a large soup pot; squeeze lemon juice into water. Add lemon halves, crab boil, kielbasa, onion, and garlic; stir well. Add potatoes; cook over medium-high heat 20 minutes.
- Add corn; boil an additional 10 minutes.
- Turn off heat; add shrimp. Cover pot; let stand 5–10 minutes, or until shrimp turn pink.
- Use a long-handled strainer to remove ingredients from pot. Place shrimp, sausage, and vegetables on large platter or baking sheet.