Carottes Glacées (Glazed Carrots)
Save to My Recipes
Carottes glacées are carrots glazed in sugar, a great way to add some sweetness to your dinner.
Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 35 minutes
- 2 Tbsp. butter, diced
- 8 medium carrots, peeled and sliced in half
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 Tbsp. raw sugar
- 1 cup chicken stock
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp. fresh chives, minced
- Melt the butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-low heat, and lay the carrots in the butter next to each other. Add the salt and the sugar, and pour the stock over the carrots. Add water if the stock doesn’t quite cover the carrots.
- Take a sheet of parchment paper, and cut to about the same size as the skillet. Make three small holes in it, and lay it on the carrots in the skillet. Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce the heat to low and simmer for 25 minutes. Remove the parchment paper and wait for the liquid to have almost disappeared. Season with pepper, and top with the minced chives.
- Serve warm.