Carottes Vichy (Vichy Carrots)
The best way to rediscover the sweet taste of carrots! In this recipe, they are traditionally cooked in Vichy mineral water. You can also use any type of mineral water.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3 Tbsp. butter, diced
- 2 lbs. small, thin carrots, peeled
- 1 Tbsp. raw sugar
- 1 tsp. salt, divided
- 3 cups Vichy water or mineral water
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp. chopped chives
- 1 Tbsp. grated orange zest
- Put a large saucepan over medium heat, and melt the butter in it. Add the carrots, use a wooden spoon to stir well, then add the raw sugar. Stir often for 4 minutes. Add ¼ teaspoon salt, then pour the water over the carrots. Reduce the heat to low, and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add ¾ teaspoon salt and ground pepper to the carrots, put in a serving bowl, and sprinkle the chives and zest on top.
- Serve warm.