Carrot & Dill Soup
This cozy combination is big on flavor and is a recipe that will deliciously chase the chills away.
- 2 cups jasmine rice, cooked
- 2 pounds (about 5 cups) carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- 4 tablespoons dill weed, chopped, plus dill sprigs for garnish
- Prepare rice as directed.
- In a soup pot, sauté onion in butter until tender. Add carrots and sauté for 2 minutes. Add broth and salt. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Cook, covered, for 25 minutes.
- Transfer a little at a time to a blender; cover and blend until smooth. Repeat until all soup has been blended. Stir in dill and cooked rice. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Garnish with dill sprigs and serve.