Carrot and Apricot Soup
Unsulfured apricots work best with this recipe. They don’t have any orange color added to them.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 1 hourDifficulty: Easy
- 2 cups orange juice
- 3 large carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 small white onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- ⅔ cup chopped dried apricots
- 1 clove garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 bay leaf
- ⅓ cup whole milk
- ⅓ cup small curd cottage cheese
- 1 cup sourdough croutons
- 1 sprig basil leaves, torn
- Add orange juice, carrots, onion, apricots, garlic, and bay leaf to a soup pot and bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce heat to medium-low. Cover and simmer for about 45 minutes.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly. Remove the bay leaf. Using a blender or food processor, mix the milk and cottage cheese. Pour half of the soup into the blender with the dairy mixture and purée.
- Return the purée to the soup pot and heat thoroughly over medium-high heat, but do not allow it to boil. Serve, topping with croutons and basil.