Carrot Bundt Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
Serves: 16Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 1 hour 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp. salt
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1½ cups vegetable oil
- 1 can (8 oz.) crushed pineapple in juice (undrained)
- 2 cups grated carrots
- 1½ cups chopped walnuts
- ½ cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1 Tbsp. whole milk
- ¼ cup chopped almonds
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray Bundt pan with nonstick baking spray containing flour.
- In a large bowl, stir together flour, granulated sugar, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Beat the eggs lightly and add with the oil to the dry ingredients, beating well. Stir in the pineapple and carrots, then the nuts and coconut.
- Turn into prepared pan and bake for 1 hour. Cool in pan 10 minutes, then remove from pan and move to a wire rack.
- Place confectioners’ sugar in a small bowl. Add milk, a teaspoon at a time, until the desired consistency is reached. Drizzle cooled cake with icing and sprinkle with chopped nuts.