Carrot Cake Bread
This is a very lightly sweetened, low-glycemic version of carrot cake. This bread would make a perfect breakfast on weekday mornings. Just toast it, and spread it lightly with cream cheese or your favorite low-sugar jam.
Serves: 16Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 55 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 1⁄4 cups blanched almond flour
- 3⁄4 cup arrowroot starch
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 tsp. salt
- 1 1⁄4 tsp. baking soda
- 2 Tbsp. coconut oil
- 3⁄4 cup coconut palm sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 1⁄2 cup almond milk
- 1⁄2 tsp. apple cider vinegar
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Heavily grease two 7 1⁄2 " × 3 1⁄2 " loaf pans with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the almond flour, arrowroot starch, cinnamon, salt, and baking soda. Set aside. In a large bowl, mix the melted coconut oil, coconut sugar, eggs, carrots, almond milk, and apple cider vinegar. Stir the whisked dry ingredients into the wet ingredients.
- Divide the batter evenly between the pans. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean and the tops of the loaves are golden brown.
- Allow the loaves to cool on a wire rack for one hour before slicing and serving. Wrap leftover bread in plastic wrap and store in zippered bags in the freezer for up to one month.