Carrot Cake Breakfast Cookies
Cookies can be part of a balanced breakfast when they’re made with vegetables and protein! Enjoy this morning meal at home or on the go.
Serves: 12Prep: 33 minutesCook: 12 minutesTotal: 45 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup protein powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup packed shredded carrots
- 1⁄2 cup Nestle® Raisinets® Milk Chocolate
- 2 ounces Private Selection™ 85% Cacao Swiss Dark Chocolate Bar, chopped
- Heat oven to 350°F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper; set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat together butter, sugar, egg and vanilla until blended. On low, beat in flour, protein powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt until combined. Beat in oats and carrots. Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Form dough into 1½” balls. Place on prepare pan 2” apart. Flatten slightly.
- Bake 10-14 minutes, until bottoms and edges are golden brown.
- Transfer to cooling rack; cool completely.