Carrot Cake Cupcakes
This favorite cake has lots of healthy tidbits hiding in it. It’s a great way to get your vegetables without tasting them.
Serves: 24Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 1 hourDifficulty: Easy
- 1⁄4 cup yellow raisins
- 1⁄4 cup dark raisins
- 1 Tbsp. hot tap water
- 1 box (18.25 oz.) carrot cake mix plus ingredients called for on box
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 tub (12 oz.) ready-to-spread cream cheese frosting
- 3 Tbsp. grated orange zest
- Combine raisins and hot water. Cover. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a muffin tin with paper baking cups.
- Prepare batter according to cake mix instructions for cupcakes. Gently fold plumped raisins, shredded carrots, and nuts into batter.
- Pour batter into muffin tin and bake for the length of time indicated on the package. Allow cupcakes to cool completely before removing from muffin tin.
- Frost completely cooled cupcakes. Garnish with orange zest.