Carrot Cake Loaf with Cream Cheese Frosting
This simple spring dessert is brimming with fresh flavor from earthy spices, rich frosting and grated carrots!
Serves: 16Prep: 25 minutesCook: 1 hour 35 minutesTotal: 2 hoursDifficulty: Easy
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon fine salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 cup canola oil
- 1⁄2 cup Kroger® Original Sour Cream
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla, divided
- 2 cups carrots, grated
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- Heat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour a 9”x5” loaf pan; set aside.
- In a bowl, whisk together flour, sugars, salt, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and nutmeg; set aside.
- In another bowl, whisk together oil, sour cream, eggs and 1 teaspoon vanilla until well combined. Add dry ingredients and stir to combine. Fold in carrots and walnuts. Transfer to prepared pan.
- Bake 50-55 minutes until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in the pan for 10 minutes. Remove to a cooling rack and cool completely.
- Meanwhile beat together cream cheese and butter until smooth. Add powdered sugar and 1 teaspoon vanilla, beating until smooth.
- Spread top of loaf with icing. Sprinkle with chopped walnuts.
- Serve slices of carrot cake with desired amount of cream cheese spread.
- Refrigerate leftover cream cheese spread. Store cake covered at room temperature.