Carrot, Cauliflower, and Caraway Soup
This simple soup is full of intriguing flavors, delicious as a first course or with a salad alongside for lunch.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 5 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 lb. cauliflower florets
- 1 lb. carrots, peeled and cut into 1" pieces
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 tsp. caraway seeds
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 1 Tbsp. finely grated orange zest
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ⅛ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- ½ cup chopped parsley
- Boil the cauliflower and carrots in the broth with caraway seeds, lemon juice, orange zest, salt, and pepper.
- When tender, about 20 minutes, cool and then puree in food processor or blender until smooth.
- Reheat but do not boil. Serve garnished with the parsley.