Carrot and Coriander Soup
Try using other root vegetables such as parsnips or celery root in this soup for a change. You can also serve this soup cold.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 6 large carrots, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 large onion, peeled and diced
- 6 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 2 tsp. ground coriander
- ⅓ tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. cracked black pepper
- In a deep saucepan, simmer the carrots and onion with the chicken broth and butter until the carrots are tender.
- Remove carrots and onions to a blender. Puree the carrots and onion, then return to the saucepan. Mix in coriander, cayenne pepper, salt, and black pepper. Simmer for 30 minutes.