Save to My Recipes
You can substitute 4 cups of your own homemade cake mix in place of the yellow cake mix. The carrots are cooked to make them blend more easily into the cake.
Hands-on: 30 minutesTotal: 55 minutes
- 1 package (8 oz.) shredded carrots
- 1 can (8 oz.) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 package (18 oz.) yellow cake mix
- 3 eggs
- ⅓ cup whole milk
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- ½ tsp. ground allspice
- ¼ tsp. cloves
- ⅛ tsp. nutmeg
- 1 can (16 oz.) vanilla frosting
- 1 package (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
- ¾ cup coconut
- In small pan, combine the shredded carrots and pineapple, including juice; bring to a simmer over low heat. Simmer until carrots are tender, about 5 minutes. Let cool.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. In large bowl, combine cake mix, eggs, milk, cinnamon, allspice, cloves, and nutmeg. Stir in pineapple mixture and beat 2 minutes at medium speed.
- Line 24 cupcake pans with paper liners. Divide mixture among the prepared pans, filling each ⅔ full. Bake cupcakes for 18 to 23 minutes or until cupcakes spring back when touched with finger. Cool on wire rack.
- In medium bowl combine frosting and cream cheese; beat well. Frost cupcakes when cool and top with coconut.