This wonderful, vegan soup can be served hot or cold. The coconut milk and apples add a natural sweetness to the soup.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 lb. fresh carrots, chopped into 2-inch rounds
- 1 Tbsp. coconut oil
- 1 piece (1 inch) fresh gingerroot, grated
- 2 cups organic vegetable broth
- 1 apple, cored and sliced, peel on
- Place carrots, coconut oil, and grated gingerroot in a stock pot over medium heat and sauté until soft, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add vegetable broth to stock pot and let simmer for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Place cooked carrots, broth, and sliced apples into high-speed blender or use immersion blender to blend in the stock pot. Blend on low for 2 to 3 minutes to desired creaminess.