Carrot and Ginger Bisque
Creamy and luscious, this soup is very comforting.
Serves: 2Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 45 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3 Tbsp. butter
- 3 cups peeled and chopped carrots
- 1 medium white onion, roughly chopped
- 2 celery stalks, roughly chopped
- 1 garlic clove, smashed
- 1 Tbsp. grated gingerroot
- ½ cup uncooked long-grain white rice
- 5 cups vegetable broth
- ⅛ salt
- ⅛ tsp. black pepper
- 2 Tbsp. sour cream
- 2 Tbsp. milk
- Heat the butter in a pot on medium until it stops bubbling. Add the carrots, onion, celery, garlic, and ginger. Sauté for about 5 minutes, until the vegetables begin to soften.
- Add the rice, broth, and salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce to a gentle simmer and cook for 30 minutes, covered.
- Purée the soup in a blender until smooth, working in batches if necessary. In a small bowl combine sour cream and milk. Drizzle the sour cream mixture over the soup and serve.