Carrot Ginger Coconut Soup
This hot Carrot Ginger Coconut Soup is a great way to warm your bones on a cold winter night. Grab a bowl and cozy up by the fire!
Serves: 6Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1 tsp. coconut oil
- 1 small onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and crushed
- 1 tsp. grated fresh ginger
- 1 medium red potato, peeled and cubed
- 6 medium carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cup coconut milk, divided
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup chopped parsley
- In a large heavy-bottomed saucepan, heat broth on medium-high for about 10 minutes, or until broth is reduced by half.
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, heat oil. Add onion and garlic; sauté for 5 minutes, or until onion is translucent.
- Add ginger, potato, and carrots to the broth; cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer another 5 minutes.
- Add 1 cup coconut milk, pepper, onions, and garlic; continue to simmer for another 5 minutes, or until potato and carrot pieces can be easily pierced with a fork.
- Carefully add soup to a food processor, in batches if necessary, and purée until smooth. Drizzle the remaining 1⁄2 cup coconut milk and top with parsley to serve.