Carrot Lemon Soup
This is a great anytime soup and can be served either hot or cold.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 1 hour 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 lbs. carrots
- 2 large yellow onions
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 6 cups canned low-sodium vegetable stock
- 1 tsp. fresh minced ginger
- 1 fresh lemon, juice and zest
- Freshly cracked black pepper, to taste
- Peel and dice the carrots and onions. Mince the garlic.
- Heat the oil in a large stockpot over medium heat and lightly sauté the carrots, onions, and garlic for 3–5 minutes. Add the stock and simmer for approximately 1 hour. Add the ginger, lemon juice, and zest. Season with pepper.
- Chill and serve.