This is a great anytime soup and can be served either hot or cold.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 1 hour 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 lbs. carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 large yellow onions, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 cups vegetable stock
- 1 tsp. fresh minced ginger
- 3 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. lemon zest
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- Heat the oil to medium in a large stockpot and lightly sauté the carrots, onions, and garlic.
- Add the stock and simmer for approximately 1 hour.
- Add the ginger, lemon juice and zest, salt, and pepper. Transfer the soup to a blender and purée until smooth. Serve hot or cold.