Carrot and Orange Soup
Carrots, in any form, along with all fruits and vegetables that are orange in color, are an incredible source of antioxidants and phytochemicals—cancer fighting, heart-healthy nutrients.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 8 large carrots, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 celery stalks, chopped fine
- 3 cups vegetable stock
- 1 orange, juice with peel reserved
- 1 tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. white pepper
- 1 small bay leaf
- In a large saucepan, combine carrots, celery, stock, orange juice, salt, pepper, and bay leaf. Bring to a boil and then simmer until carrots are tender, about 10 to 20 minutes.
- Discard bay leaf. Pour soup mixture into a blender or food processor and purée until smooth. Return to saucepan and bring to a simmer.
- Serve hot or cold garnished with the reserved orange peel.