This Carrot-Parsnip Bisque can be served hot or cold. Itʼs great as an appetizer when entertaining, or for lunch with a crisp green salad on the side.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 6 medium carrots, peeled and sliced
- 4 medium parsnips, peeled and sliced
- 1 Tbsp. coconut oil
- ½ cup minced shallots
- ½ tsp. ground white pepper
- 1 tsp. all-natural sea salt
- 1 tsp. arrowroot or tapioca powder
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 2 cups coconut milk
- ½ tsp. ground nutmeg
- In a steamer over medium heat, cook carrots and parsnips until soft, about 10 minutes.
- In a large stockpot, heat coconut oil; add shallots, pepper, and salt. Sauté for 5 minutes, or until shallots are tender. Sprinkle in arrowroot or tapioca powder and whisk in stock; stir constantly until mixture thickens and comes to a boil, about 3 minutes.
- In a food processor or blender, combine stock mixture with steamed carrots and parsnips; purée until smooth.
- Add coconut milk; process until well mixed, and return to pot. Stir in nutmeg; heat on low, stirring occasionally for 1 minute, or until heated through. Serve hot, or chill in refrigerator and serve cold.