Carrot and Parsnip Soup with Ginger
Chop some fresh chives and add as a garnish to each serving of this soup.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3 cups shredded carrots
- 3 cups shredded parsnips
- 1 piece (1") ginger root
- 2 cups reduced-sodium, fat-free vegetable broth
- ¾ cup 2 percent milk
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 2 tsp. lemon zest
- ½ tsp. salt and ½ tsp. white pepper
- Shred the carrots, parsnips, and the peeled ginger root.
- Using a soup pot, add the carrots, parsnips, ginger, and broth. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer, and cook for 25 minutes.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly. Using a blender or food processor, purée the soup. Add the milk and reheat almost to a boil. Add the lemon juice and salt and white pepper to taste. Garnish with zest.