Carrot Purée Snapper
In this unique fish dish, flakey snapper is paired with brightly colored fruits and veggies for a beautiful and wholesome dinner.
Serves: 4Prep: 20 minutesCook: 35 minutesTotal: 55 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 1⁄2 pounds snapper fillets
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 jar (16 oz.) salsa
- 1 cup fresh mango, diced
- 1 tablespoon cilantro
- 1 bag (16 oz.) baby carrots, cut
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 tablespoon cumin
- 1 cup orange juice
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Season fish with ¼ teaspoon salt and pepper and place on baking sheet. Coat with salsa and bake 12-14 minutes, until internal temperature reaches 145°F.
- Top cooked fish with mango and cilantro.
- For carrot purée, heat oven to 450°F. In roasting pan, combine carrots, olive oil and cumin and bake 20 minutes, until brown.
- In blender, combine and puree cooked carrots, orange juice and remaining salt.
- Serve snapper over carrot purée.