Carrot Snack Cake
An all-American favorite, this carrot cake is a little more healthful—and chock-full of vegetables.
Serves: 12Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 1 hour 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- ½ cup butter, melted
- 1½ cups granulated sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. ginger
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 4 cups grated carrots
- ¼ cup lowfat sour cream
- ¼ cup confectioners' sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a 9" springform pan with a nonstick spray containing flour. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, blend butter and granulated sugar.
- Add flour, eggs, vanilla, ginger, cinnamon, carrots, and sour cream. Mix well. Pour into prepared spring form pan.
- Bake 1 hour. Allow to cool, then sprinkle with confectioners' sugar before serving.