Carrot Turmeric Soup
Turmeric contains curcumin, a wonderful and natural anti-inflammatory. Add 1 cup light coconut cream from a can to make this soup a creamy dairy-free soup.
Serves: 10Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 45 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and chopped
- 1 Tbsp. coconut oil
- 2 small shallots, peeled and cut into quarters
- 48 oz. gluten-free chicken stock
- 10 large carrots, peeled and cut into 1" cubes
- ¼ cup grated fresh turmeric root
- 2 Tbsp. grated fresh gingerroot
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper
- In a large pot (6 quarts or larger), heat the olive oil on medium-low. Add the garlic, coconut oil, and shallots, stirring until the shallots become translucent. This takes approximately 5 minutes.
- Add the stock, carrots, turmeric, and ginger. Cover and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to low and let simmer until the carrots are tender and fully cooked (easily pierced with a fork). This process takes 10–15 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and let cool for 15 minutes. Puree soup in a blender, working in batches, and transfer the blended soup back to the pot. Add salt and pepper and bring to a boil over medium heat.