Carrot-Zucchini Cornmeal Muffins
Put some vegetables in your breakfast with these sweet veggies muffins that are like a combination of zucchini bread and carrot cake. They are also great packed in a lunch box.
Serves: 12Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 50 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1⁄4 cup shredded carrot
- 1⁄4 cup shredded zucchini
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 2 Tbsp. canola oil
- 1⁄8 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 tsp. ground allspice
- 1⁄4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1⁄8 tsp. salt
- 1⁄2 cup yellow cornmeal
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a standard muffin tin with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, mix together the carrot, zucchini, buttermilk, sugar, egg, and oil until the sugar dissolves.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the spices, flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cornmeal.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Mix until just combined.
- Fill each well 2⁄3 full.
- Bake for 15 to 18 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the center muffin comes out clean.
- Cool in the pan for 2 minutes then transfer muffins to a wire rack to cool completely.