Carrots with Ginger, Cilantro, and Lime
Lively and flavorful, this carrot dish is a great partner for Indian fare or grilled meat. For more spice, add half a minced jalapeño pepper along with the other seasonings.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 Tbsp. minced fresh ginger
- 1 tsp. ground white pepper
- ½ tsp. ground coriander
- ½ tsp. ground cumin
- 2 lbs. fresh carrots
- ¼ cup water
- 1 Tbsp. canola oil
- Juice of 1 fresh lime
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Measure the ginger, white pepper, coriander, and cumin into a small bowl and set aside.
- Peel the carrots and cut diagonally into roughly ½" slices.
- Place a sauté pan over medium heat. Add the water, oil, and carrots to the pan and bring to a boil. Cover pan and cook, shaking occasionally, until carrots are just barely tender, about 7 minutes. Uncover the pan and continue to cook until carrots begin to sizzle in the oil, about 2 minutes. Add the spice mixture and cook, stirring constantly, for 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Add the lime juice and cilantro and stir to combine. Serve immediately.