Carrots with Indian Spices
Lively and flavorful, this side dish is a great partner for curries or grilled meat. For more spice, add half of a minced jalapeño pepper along with the other seasonings.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- ¼ cup water
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 lbs. fresh carrots, peeled and cut diagonally into ½" slices
- 1 Tbsp. curry powder
- 1 tsp. caraway seeds
- Juice of 1 medium lime
- Place a sauté pan over medium heat. Add water, oil, and carrots to the pan and bring to a boil. Cover pan and cook, shaking occasionally, until carrots are just barely tender, about 7 minutes.
- Uncover the pan and continue to cook until carrots begin to sizzle in the oil, about 2 minutes.
- Add curry powder and caraway seeds and cook stirring continuously 2 minutes.
- Remove pan from heat. Add lime juice and stir to combine. Serve immediately.