Casablanca Chicken Skewers
Be transported to the city of Casablanca with this marvelous recipe. Serve it with a creamy yogurt dipping sauce. This recipe also works wonderfully with fish.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 25 minutesTotal: 2 hours 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3½ tsp. lemon pepper spice mix
- 1¼ tsp. ground turmeric
- 1¼ tsp. ground coriander
- 3 tsp. paprika
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- ½ tsp. ground cumin
- ¼ tsp. cayenne pepper
- 2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut into 2" cubes
- 8 bamboo skewers soaked in water for 20 minutes
- In a small bowl, combine the lemon pepper spice mix, turmeric, coriander, paprika, salt, pepper, cumin, and cayenne pepper.
- Place the chicken in a large bowl. Pour the spice mix on the chicken. Mix well to make sure every piece is covered by the spices. Cover the bowl and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Make the skewers using the presoaked bamboo sticks. Thread approximately ¼-pound of chicken on each skewer.
- Heat the grill on medium-high. Grill the skewers for approximately 8 minutes per side, or until the chicken is fully cooked.