Cashew Alfredo Sauce
Most vegan Alfredo recipes start with a roux of margarine and soy milk, but this one uses cashew cream instead for a sensually decadent white sauce.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1⁄2 cup raw cashews
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp. tahini
- 1⁄4 cup peeled, diced onion
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 1⁄2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1⁄4 cup nutritional yeast
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- In a blender, process cashews and water until completely smooth and creamy, about 90 seconds.
- Add remaining ingredients except oil and purée until smooth. Slowly add oil until mixture is thick and oil is completely blended in.
- Heat in a saucepan over low heat for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.