Cashew Lime Chicken Lettuce Wraps
These Cashew Lime Chicken Lettuce Wraps are guilt-free and oh-so-good!
Serves: 5Prep: 15 minutesCook: 20 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 package Simple Truth Organic™ Romaine Hearts
- 1 pound Simple Truth™ Free-Range Chicken Breasts, chopped into small pieces
- 3 tablespoons Simple Truth Organic™ Refined Expeller Pressed Coconut Oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 cup white onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup Simple Truth™ Free-Range Chicken Broth
- 3 cups Simple Truth™ Baby Bella and White Mushrooms, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup Simple Truth™ Natural Curry Cashews, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup Simple Truth™ Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 3 tablespoons Simple Truth™ Chives, minced
- 3 limes, squeezed
- 3 tablespoons Simple Truth™ Tamari
- Separate and wash the romaine hearts. Dry them with a paper towel and set aside. If you're not serving immediately, place the romaine in the refrigerator to chill.
- Wash hands, tables and cutting boards first to avoid cross-contamination.
- Dredge the chicken in flour in a separate bowl.
- Melt 3 tablespoons coconut oil in a wok or large skillet over medium heat.
- Sauté onions until they're translucent. Add the minced garlic.
- Immediately add the chicken to the wok or skillet. Make sure the pieces are separated to avoid crowding.
- Place the mushrooms in the pan and sauté until cooked.
- Add the lime juice, 3 tablespoons tamari and the chicken broth. Simmer to reduce the liquid until it reaches the desired thickness. This should take about 2-3 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and add most of the cashews, leaving about 2 tablespoons aside.
- Serve leaves of romaine lettuce on a plate with a separate bowl of Cashew Lime Chicken. Garnish with minced chives and the rest of the cashews.